And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Small Stuff

Make-up. Beauty Tips.
A Southern woman's territory, don't ya think?

Southern women pride themselves in looking amazing, always. You will never see them go to the grocery store in anything less than full make-up and ensemble. I, on the other hand, enjoy my own personal lazy style which consists of sweats and minimal make-up. (Dance also contributes to this "casual" wear, if you will, since the dance world has its own entire style and trends. I will probably have a post about that!)

The beauty tips I've learned are so seemingly small and yet help so much. Here are a few I have remembered all my life since I was taught by the woman who raised me:

-Never wash your hair in hot water. Use cool water. Cool water creates an amazing shine and keeps hair fine and untangled.



-Don't be afraid to moisturize. Even if you have acne! I have struggled with acne my entire life, but it will not hurt your acne and you have to moisturize to ensure that you won't have wrinkles later.

-Don't pump your mascara (the in and out motion). It pumps air into the tube and makes the mascara dry up more rapidly. Do a circular motion while the applicator is still inserted in the tube. (P.s. mascara should be thrown away every 2 months for risk of bacteria build up and dry-out!)



-What do Chapstick and conditioner have in common? Addiction. Your hair or lips can become dependent on items like these (as well as moisturizer) and your body will stop producing the natural oils on your scalp and lips when you use these products too much. Sounds great until your lips are instantly chapped without using Chapstick every few minutes and your scalp is dry and cracked every day. Use these products enough, but sparingly!


-Southern women don't want wrinkles. What am I saying? NO woman wants wrinkles. If you are like me, and struggled with acne your whole life (oily skin), you are actually in luck because oily skin prevents wrinkles! However, everyone should use under eye cream (even if you are young) to prevent wrinkles, bagginess, and puffiness. This tip is something my step mother always told me, and I was just reminded about it this week by my friend that works for Artistry! How dare I forget, right?
Well, you should apply under eye cream with your ring finger (since this finger applies the least amount of pressure on your eye's thin skin) and you should spread the cream in the direction from the outside of your eye toward the center of your face.


-Don't sleep in your make-up! It can really upset your skin causing acne, clogged pores, unevenness, and other nasty stuff! Also, lingering eye make-up can cause build up on your lashes, scratches on your lenses, and even staph infection...GROSS! So make sure to take the time after your long night to remove your glamorous make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment